Is Nuvio right for your business?
We love selling Cloud Communications and showing new customers how to use our services. We think they are truly amazing and will change the way that you view and use business communications. However, we’ve been doing this since 2003 (which is a long time in our industry). We have seen just about everything and we know that, no matter how hard we try, sometimes our service just isn’t for everyone. So, before you go any futher, let’s take a look at some of the basic requirements that Nuvio has in order to experience the best service.
- Reliable and High Quality Internet Service
- You need to have not only enough Internet Bandwidth to support your calling patterns, but it needs to be good. This means that the Internet Service that Farmer Fred is reselling, off of his cable modem and using aluminum foil wi-fi antennas for, is probably not going to work. When we started in 2003, this was a major problem. Today, if you have a top tier Cable, DSL, Wireless, or LTE provider, this shouldn’t be an issue.
- Local Area Network is ready for Voice.
- Frankly, this is where 95% of our trouble tickets come from. You have to have a local area network (LAN) that is able to support voice and route it properly. This doesn’t mean it has to be expensive or intricate, it just means it can’t be a network that is totally hobbled together. Nuvio’s service using industry standard SIP messaging, and barring the techno mumbo jumbo, the phones (or softphones) need to be able to communicate with our servers. Some LANs are so congested that they cannot do that reliably. Or, more likely, you have a router or firewall that doesn’t play nice. Chances are, we can help you sort out your current situation with some configuration examples. Sometimes, we will recommend new equipment. But, we want Nuvio to work when you plug it in, and we want to help you figure it all out beforehand.
- Unrealistic expectations.
- Our service is good, really good. We spend a lot of time and money making sure that every call you make is a good experience and sounds better than a traditional landline. However, bad calls do happen occasionally. 99% of the time it is caused by a poor connection on the remote end of the call, bad mobile connection (you wouldn’t believe how often that happens), or some other issue that is beyond our control. To be fair, this happens right now to everyone on either landlines or mobile phones. We accept it and try again. But, if you can’t accept that and are going to be upset if it happens once a week or once a month, than we would rather not disappoint you.
At Nuvio, we have seen all of these, and more. We can tell you the best stories about network setups, crazy topologies, and just plain weird stuff. We want to help you before you have a problem. The best way for us to do that is for you to get a quote and then call or email us about it. We can spend 2-3 minutes on the phone making sure you are ready to use our services, then get you going. We promise we won’t bore you with a bunch of upsell (because we don’t have that) and are simply wanting you to be ready to go and enjoy our services!